[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I’m just fishing for comments on the pros or cons with simscan plus spamassassin with razor2. I have just finished a toaster install and also placed razor2 on top of the standard spamassassin, everything is working like a charm … kudos to Bill for such a wonderful patch. Anybody got ideas on how this setup would fair on a moderately loaded server? I’m just wondering what’s the effect of this setup to the delay introduced into the smtp negotiation.

I'm running SA with Razor2 using SimScan, much faster than the qmail-scanner method. So far I haven't seen any issues with it, one busy box is a MTA for a 1400 user ISP which has existed in 1996 and gets quite a load of incoming email connections, handles it fine now and runs better than it did when it was qmail-scanner based.

I also have DCC, Pyzor and the SURBL checks running, most scans are well under 10 secs, it is a fairly slow P2 based machine too as all it does is scan and forward to the NT based MTA he uses for end users.
--
Dynanet Network Services                   Toll-Free: (866) 752-8866
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            http://www.dynanet.ca/