Tom Collins wrote:

On Feb 20, 2005, at 12:31 AM, Bill Shupp wrote:

Try building courier imap without FAM support. I've never gotten it work right.

I did some research online, and it looks like I just needed to be running portmap. Since I don't need portmap for anything else, I disabled it during my install.

For security purposes, I'm only running it on localhost (put PMAP_ARGS=-l in /etc/sysconfig/portmap on Fedora, note that's a lowercase L and not the number 1) and it seems to have solved the problem. I now have just one entry for @/tmp/fam-vpopmail- in my netstat output. I'll let everyone know if it behaves itself now.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I might have had the same problem. I need to upgrade courier-imap soon, and I'll try getting FAM support working this time.

Regards,

Bill