On Feb 23, 2005, at 10:42 AM, Bill Shupp wrote:
File error 6 (192.168.0.10, <my public ip> != 192.168.0.10 ..
ip_addr=192.168.0.10&returntext=&returnhttp= )

Try using --disable-ipauth. I don't know why this started happening out of the blue, though.

It's very odd. It's like the web server is setting REMOTE_ADDR to include both the private and public IP of the machine accessing the page. I'm not sure how it could even get the private IP in the first place...

The cryptic "File error 6" is a security thing to prevent someone from hijacking your session. If your IP address changes during your QmailAdmin session, it will bail with that error.

Bill has the correct solution, --disable-ipauth in the configuration options.

This might be interesting -- try running this simple perl script as a cgi and see what it reports:

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";

foreach (sort keys %ENV) {
   print "$_ is $ENV{$_}\n";