----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Shupp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <toaster@shupp.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:56 AM
Subject: Re: [toaster] Qmailadmin errors SOLVED

> David wrote:
>
> >I can successfully perform all functions in qmailadmin since I removed my
> >qmailadmin domain from round-robin. So my solution will I think be to put
it
> >on a sub-domain on a host which isn't part of the round-robin and whose
IP
> >address won't change, and keep qmailadmin's IP security features.
> >
> >Thanks for your help once again guys.
> >

> I thought the IP security was only sensitive to the remote address, not
> the local address of the qmailadmin server.  What's the advantage of
> checking the IP of the local server for security?

Don't know if this question was for me and sorry if I'm confusing the issue
here with my limited knowledge of what's going on... what I meant by the
round-robin setup was that I started using round-robin DNS on the (remote)
server I'm running qmailadmin on, and trying to connect to it over the
internet I suddenly found myself locked-out of any of the menu functions due
to "file error 6".

Not sure if this problem was exacerbated by my client machine's internet
connection setup... but when I changed the DNS for the remote qmailadmin
server back to a single IP address the problem has now gone away; I can use
all the menu functions now without a "file error 6".

David.