Alex Dean wrote:
> Lost time rebuilding stuff due to inadequate backups also has a cost.

I agree, which is why I am trying to set up a script which backs up what is
needed, without backing up unnecessary stuff.

> Are you using a commerical backup program, or just doing copies?  If
> you're using something like Arkiea or Retrospect, you can configure
> your backup sets to exclude the Trash folders but get everything else
> in ~vpopmail/domains.

I'm using a shell script which creates a compressed tar file. I've just
changed it so it backs up /home/vpopmail/domains, but excludes */.Trash/*
and */.Trash.

--
Nikki Locke, Trumphurst Ltd.      PC & Unix consultancy & programming
http://www.trumphurst.com/