On Thursday 08 Dec 2005 18:15, Nikki Locke wrote:
>  wrote:
> > > I am currently backing up /var/qmail/users, /var/qmail/control,
> > > /var/qmail/alias and /home/vpopmail/domains, but excluding the Maildir
> >
> > /var/qmail
> >
> > > directories. Anything else I should add? Anything I can remove (backup
> > > space costs money :-)?
> >
> > You can't be serious...
>
> Why not? The server and a limited amount of space on a backup server comes
> at a fixed price. Additional backup space is extra.
>
> Looking at the directories, /home/vpopmail wastes most of its space in the
> Trash folders, which I see no point in backing up.

If you don't want to backup actual mail, skip any folder called new/ cur/ or
tmp/ under /home/vpopmail/domains/*. Skipping Maildir/ will also skip the
imap or sqwebmail stuff, probably not what you want. This is pretty easy if
you use rsync which will also minimise bandwidth and preserve permissions

HTH
--
Bob Hutchinson