From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: toaster@shupp.org
Subject: Re: [toaster] Simplehelpdeskfinal wont send mail through qmail setup
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:34:12 +0300 (EEST)

> Hi all,
>
> I have the toaster installed with all the bells and whistles and all works
> fine.
>
> I have set up SimpleHelpDesk(final) on apache which uses the following
> snippet of code:
>
> mail($db_user->user_email, $mail_subject, $mail_content, "From:
> $config[helpdesk_email]");
>
> How do I get the 'mail' command to send messages to my locally-hosted
> qmail
> accounts?  Would I need to change the php code to something else or use
> some
> sort of sendmail/postfix wrapper to get it to work?
>
> For those of you who are not familiar with the mail command, the following
> _should_ send out a message to the recepient from the commandline:
>
> the mail (mailx) command looks like this:
>
> ~]# mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Hi toasty!
> This is a test for Toasty!
> .
> CC:
> ~]#
>
> I have run into the same problem on three separate toaster machines.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deion "Mule" Christopher

> Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you
> need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01

I think it's not toaster related, somewhat.

If the machine where you're hosting the site it's not the one you're
running the toaster then there is a great chance that the sendmail daemon
thinks it's a local accout that you want to send mail to.

A quick fix would be to rename the hostname of the system into something
different from the domain you're trying to send mail to. Something like
www.your_domain.com