Hi,

I would like to thank again Jon for his good intentions, and apologize if
I offended him or anyone else - it's very easy to do so in email.

Jon: I believe you had the best intentions, but you have to admit you may
be worse than I am at diplomacy :-) ( and I'm very bad at that )

Going back to tomcat 3.3 - I hope to finish most of the changes this
month, and build the first milestone as early as possible.

After that, the success of tomcat 3.x will depend on your feedback and
review of the org.apache.tomcat.core package, and your future
contributions.

Even if 3.3 will not be perfect, it's time now to stop changing the
foundation and start building on top of it. As said, almost everything is
a module and we need to start working on existing modules and add more
features ( in or outside Apache ).

It's more than 1 year since we've started working on tomcat3, and we had a
nice progress and a great evolution.  After 3.3 core is frozen we can do
the _real_ performance enhancements and spend the time in each area that
needs attention - the facade implementation, server integration, reuse of
other apache code like mod_webapp and valves.

Please don't get scared by the flames on this list - it's open source and
it's code that matters, not words and flames.

I'll continue ( or start ) to support tomcat3.3, but right now my
preference is to do it in the least-confrontational way, so after January
I'll try to find ways to develop external modules and avoid any political
mess. ( either SourceForge, or in a separate incubator-like module on
apache if possible )