on 1/13/01 12:58 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Given the PMC composition and the opinions expressed so far by some of the
> PMC members and the silence of the others, I'm sure you'll understand
> why I want to stop "beeing a party" of this project in general.

No, I think you don't want to be part of the project because the project
decided to go in one direction and you went in another without even
expressing your own vote (everyone else voted but you)!

<http://w6.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2000/Aug/index.html#00195>

> If anyone wants to "debate" with Jon  - good luck, I had
> enough of that already, and I have a feeling that even the subject of the
> debate is wrongly choosen - ( the PMC "reaching final decisions about
> the tomcat source" in 1/4 of an afternoon debate, instead of the project
> commiters ).

You are talking about two different things in the same sentence.

#1. You are done debating with me.
#2. You now disagree with the PMC making this decision.

My reply:

#1. I'm also done debating with you. I already changed my votes to a +1.
Remember?

#2. You are now also disagreeing (right before the meeting????) with the PMC
attempting to rectify the solution because we all (the active developers on
tomcat-dev) failed to come up with a solution on the mailing lists.

Therefore, I hear that you are now saying that you expect that your solution
is the one and only solution without giving any sort of comfort to the rest
of the people working on this project who are following the projects voted
on path.

> IMHO behaviors like Jon's should be the subject of the debate -

Now you would like to control my behavior? Who do you think you are?

> but it seems Jon is a PMC member and one of the organizers of the meeting.

How exactly am I an organizer? It was not me who suggested that the meeting
happen, it was James.

> ( in any case, I don't think I'm a "side" of any debate regarding tomcat -
> I just contributed code and time to a project and got flames back )

Either you are a bit more involved than you might think or you would like to
play off to everyone else that you aren't. Which is it?

thanks,

-jon