I don't have commit access so can't help there, but I would like to get the
3.2 versions of the NetWare binaries updated in the builds area
(builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/........)

If we do get nightly builds or do a milestone, or whatever, who should the
lucky :-) recipient be?

Mike Anderson
Senior Software Engineer
Platform Services Group
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software
www.novell.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/02/01 11:24AM >>>
Can someone who has functioned as a release manager for a dot release give
me a quick overview of what's involved?  I may be able to find the time, but
I'm not totally clear on the scope of what needs to happen.

I don't think Milestone releases would make sense -- from what it says on
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.html, those sound like they should
really be steps towards a major release of new functionality, not snapshots
of bug fixes in a released product.   Nightly builds I would be fine with,
however.

-Dan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > I'm in the same boat right now.  I'd love to a 3.2.2 released but I'm way
> > too busy right now to manage a release.
>
> What about a "milestone" ? It doesn't have all the requirements of a
> release. I can add a nightly build of 3.2.x to my scripts too ? ( it'll
> not be a "blessed" release, but people who need the patches can use it ).
>
> Costin

Dan Milstein // [EMAIL PROTECTED]