Remy Maucherat writes:

> > > Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> work.
> > >
> > > So it doesn't work either the other way around ?
> > No: ...
> > When I call 'lc = (Context)ctx.lookup("jnp://ttt1.ca.com:1099");' in any
> > form, I get "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jnp: is not
> >                         bound in this Context"
> > When I encode the URL in the <ejb-link> I get
> > "javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance"
>
> I did some testing on this.
> The integrated ENC was running fine even if the JNP URL prefix was appended
> before org.apache.naming (I had put jnpserver.jar in common/lib).
> However, trying to resolve a jnp: URL always failed :-(
>
> It could be a classloader problem after all. Where did you put the jnp JAR
> and its dependencies (if any) ?

I placed a link to jnp-client.jar in file:/usr/java/jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext/.
When I reference the libraries via InitialContext(env) as:
            Hashtable env = new Properties();
            env.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
                    (String)lc.lookup("env/ejb/naming/factory"));
            env.put("java.naming.provider.url",
                    (String)lc.lookup("env/ejb/naming/provider"));
            Context jb = new InitialContext(env);
Everything is found and works correctly.

However, reference via ctx.lookup("jnp....") always fails.

BTW, Even when I remove the jnp-client.jar from lib/ext, the InitialContext
lookup works.