On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Mel Martinez wrote:

> The above paragraph describes a 'fundamental issue'
> that has absolutely nothing to do with the Java Server
> Pages specification and, rather, entirely to do with a
> particular implementation of the specification.  As

And most of the other arguments are in the same category -
bad implementation of the spec.

So we need to fix it :-) After all that's one of the diferences between
the zillion templating systems and jsp - a spec with a wide variety of
implementations that improve.

I do agree with some of Jon's arguments - the spec is not perfect ( but I
don't think HTTP spec is perfect either, or HTML or XSLT or even the
servlet spec - and for many of those I could list more serious reasons
for not using them and choosing a random alternative :-).