Bip Thelin typed the following on 06:26 PM 4/21/2001 -0700
>Kief Morris wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Great - can you provide these patches as file attachments? They came in the
>> body of your message, which is very difficult to reliably apply to the
>sources.
>
>Attached is the files, the CustomObjectInputstream goes in the util dir.

This looks pretty reasonable. I haven't committed these because I've discovered
a bug in the PersistentManager/Store code (regardless of your changes), which
shows up when I enable PersistentManager in the tester. It looks like the session
isn't going away properly when it's invalidated:

HttpSession:
FAIL [GET /tester/Session04] Expected data 'Session04 PASSED', got data 'Session04
FAILED -KSM New session id = old session id/ New session has attribute already/'
FAIL [GET /tester/WrappedSession04] Expected data 'Session04 PASSED', got data
'Session04 FAILED -KSM New session id = old session id/ New session has attribute
already/'

Here's what I put in server.xml to run tester:

        <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">
          <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
              debug="3"
              saveOnRestart="true"
              maxActiveSessions="-1"
              minIdleSwap="-1"
              maxIdleSwap="-1"
              maxIdleBackup="-1">
                <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"
                                        debug="3"/>
          </Manager>
                </Context>

Need to think about how to fit PersistentManager into the tester app - it
requires a configuration change. We can set up a separate webapp
for persistent session testing, but it will need to duplicate pretty much
everything in the existing tester app, since we want to test the full package.
Alternately, have a separate build target.

Either way, I think enabling PersistentManager is always going to require changing
server.xml, but how to do this with tester as it is seems non-obvious to me, since
it doesn't modify Catalina's default server.xml.

Kief