Hi Alex!

Alex Chaffee wrote:
> A note on copyright: I'm claiming copyright for this document, since I
> may use parts of it to write articles or books, and I haven't done the
> research on what it means to post text (as opposed to code) into an
> Apache project. I'd contribute it explicitly as open source if I were
> sure I'd keep my rights to use it too. If anyone can enlighten me on
> this topic, please respond with a separate subject line (like
> "Copyrights") so we can keep discussions of copyright separate from
> discussions of the table of contents itself. The copyright will not
> prevent other Apache contributors from using or editing it or adding it
> to the code base -- that is, I want to preserve *my* right to use it in
> a non-Apache context, but also to grant Apache the right to use it too.
> If that's even possible. I'm confused.

On www.gnu.org you can read the following:

---
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
02111, USA

Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in
any medium, provided this notice is preserved.

Updated: $Date: 2001/06/29 17:42:09 $ $Author: rms $
---

For all I know, (c) in software is not essentially different from (c)
issues in text. Of course, the concept has been borrowed from there,
otherwise we would use patents. In fact, you can "copyleft" a book, or
BSD-like-license an essay.

But I don't know much anyway. Perhaps the following link would be
useful:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/nonsoftware-copyleft.html

Un saludo,

Alex.