On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 06:22:21AM -0700, Rob S. wrote:
> Ahhhh, maybe I should add this to the INSTALL.txt file - unset your
> CLASSPATH before starting TC?  I've logged into my fair share of *nix boxes
> where the admins have conveniently set a system-wide CLASSPATH containing an
> XML parser, etc.

I think it's the safe thing to do.  I think Tomcat 3.3 and Tomcat 4 both do this by
default.  For Tomcat 3.2.X, I do this in custom startup scripts which make
startup/shutdown a lot easier if you're maintaining multiple copies of Tomcat per
host.  I also modify bin/tomcat.sh to redirect stdout/err to log files instead of
cluttering the terminal.  If anyone is interested, I can send copies of the scripts
and the patch to tomcat.sh...

I would at least like to see the stdout/err patch integrated into Tomcat, I just
don't know if there's much interest in including it into Tomcat 3.2.

-Dave