Joe Flowers at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If the attached "TomcatService" program is "worthy", I would like to
> donate it to the Tomcat project.
>
> What makes this program "interesting" is that it starts and stops Tomcat
> using the
> %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\startup.bat and %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\shutdown.bat files.
>
> I have had and have seen a ton of questions and problems related to
> starting Tomcat with an NT/2000 service. If you can start/stop Tomcat
> with the Tomcat startup.bat and stop.bat files, then this program should
> work too, since it uses those exact same Tomcat .bat files.
>
> Let me know if the project is interested in this donation.

I'd like to see the sources (also because we cannot really accept a
binary-only contribution, there is no way to fix and update it).

Regarding service-related stuff, I'd like you to check out what's in the
tomcat 4.0 repository, there's a bunch of code that will be used from the
next release...

    Pier