hello,

I have a requirement where i need to make multiple passes over a resource
stream
obtained via ServletContext.getResourceAsStream().

My problem is that as follows:

        InputStream is = sc.getResourceAsStream("/my_resource_name");

        .... do 1st processing pass

        is.close();

        is = sc.getResourceAsStream("/my_resource_name");

        ... do second processing pass...

The problem is that, as far as the StandardClassLoader is concerned, the
cached copy of the input stream is still good (and it isn't I just closed
it)
and I get the original (now bad) input stream returned.

Is there anyway to force tomcat to reload the resource object (without
unloading the context).
as, right now I'm reading the whole resource into a byte array and using
[my] cached copy
for processing.

-Thom