Craig,

I'm desperately trying for weeks to have a patch committed concerning
catalina.sh that does not work under cygwin. Bip committed the one on
digest.sh but catalina.sh and jasper.sh are still pending.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=99830164420886&w=2

I would be grateful if this could be fixed before the release...

The current cygwin magic simply does not work because the process must be:
1) convert everything into unix like paths
2) manipulate paths
3) convert back to the windows like paths.
4) run the java process

The step 1 is missing thus it will fail on windows because paths will be a
mixed of unix/windows separators.

Cheers,

--
 Stephane Bailliez