> We are facing serious problems with the above problem when running jsp on
tomcat/linux.
> Could anyone please update me on the current status of handling this
problem.

If your application has lots of JSPs which need to get compiled, the VM may
run out of memory because javac leaks memory each time it compiles a page.
There's an article about the problem in the release notes for 4.0.1, but it
exists in all Tomcat versions.

If your application doesn't use many JSPs, then I have no explanation, as
Tomcat has no known memory leaks.

To get around this, you can either:
- precompile the JSPs
- stop and restart Tomcat when it starts to happen; after a while, all the
JSPs will get compiled
- join the crusade to open-source the JDK, so that we're able to fix that
kind of "feature"

Remy