Hi Takashi-san,

+1 for the patch, but there's something that bothers me - we are starting
to duplicate what's already present in ant. Next we'll have gcj support,
etc.

How difficult would it be to add an 'ant' compiler adapter, that will just
use the ant <javac> task ? And also use the same ant mechansim, a global
property - it's possible other tools will need a compiler ( what is cocoon
doing ? ) ? Given the current ant dependecy checking ( that use class
bytecode to detect dependencies ) we could simplify and generalize most of
what's ugly in jasper. This would also allow to automatically compile
servlets ( the same as jsps are compiled ), and even to automatically
recompile a webapp ( that has a build.xml in WEB-INF ).

Costin