On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > If you want to work on this, it would be great to make it a bit more
> > independent of the container. Right now it is very tightly coupled,
> > in order for it to work you need to start tomcat, it doesn't work very
> > well with context reloads, etc.
>
> I'd leave it being tied to the container, and getting the lifecycle /
> container events. It's (at least it should be) a simple piece of code, and
> although most of the code could be static utility methods, I'd implement the
> wrapper as a listener, instead of a webapp.

A trusted webapp can register listeners ( or should be able to ), it
should be able to register connectors, etc.

Long term we should be able to extract the information
from web.xml without having to fully start tomcat ( and use it as a parser
to extract the servlet mappings, etc ).

> > Well, if you can also port the 'trusted app' - it would be really great.
>
> I said I would, but it will require adding a few method to the Context
> interface (so please, no screaming over API breakage ;-)).

As long as you don't remove methods, I'm ok.