> Remy,
>
> >>* Embbeded interface (my email Jan 7th, 18:51)
> >>

> >-1, because it's an API change for cosmetic reasons only.
> >
> In the head branch again then?
> It of course changes nothing if the
> class is not renamed.  It is not for cosmetic reasons, it will help
> third party applications instantiate Catalina and cast to an interface.
>  Easy and harmless.

Only the core objects have interfaces. Embedded is a helper object, so it's
not an interface. Just like Catalina is not an interface.
By the way, I don't see how having an interface makes it easier to work with
Catalina. The only useful thing with interfaces is if you want to extend or
reimplement something, because of Java's lack of multiple inheritance.
There's no point in doing something different in that object without
changing the API, since it's not designed to let you do everything you could
want with the Catalina internals (it's just a simple helper object with the
functionality J2EE servers could want to embed Catalina).
Also, if you only want to use Catalina as a service inside a bigger
framework, you should use CatalinaService, not Embedded (and no, there's no
need for an interface for that either ;-)).

Remy