Remy,

>If our helper object for embedding doesn't fit your needs, I suggest you
>write your own instead. It doesn't take long, and it will do what you want
>(including having an interface, so it fits into your virtual OS dream).

I am talking about Avalon (another Jakarta project).  It is not a
'dream'  We already have a third-party web server running in it -
Hendrik Schreiber's most excellent 'Jo!'.  It is quite embarrasing that
we do not yet (but are so close) have Catalina running in it.

>There are real world users of the current Embedded class (including JBoss
>and the J2EE RI), and none of them would see any benefit about having an
>interface instead of object. Since I'd like to avoid unseless changes for
>the users and also keep the design simpler if I can, I will NOT change the
>current Embedded object to do what you propose, and I vote -1 to the
>associated patch.

I am going ask ask you again, *Please* consider the merit for this,  It
is not unreasonable.  The change is not useless as you say. I was not
incorrect suggesting another reason for interface/impl separation (it
was not new to you dude, it had just slipped your mind) was I?.  It is
such a small thing to do.  Please dude.....

Regards,

- Paul H