Jean-Frederic,

jean-frederic clere wrote:
> That Pier's code (in jakarta-commons-sandbox/daemon/src/native/unix/native).
> Where is the chmod()?
> The idea of making setuid() and setgid() from the JVM is also possible - I will
> try it -

I was thinking that since all ServerSocket binding is that we could implement
this as a static native method so that both Tomcat 3.x and 4.x could load the
shared library and invoke the calls as close as possible to the actual point
that a ServerSocket object binds to the socket. In Tomcat 4.x, I believe that
this point is in the createSocket() method of each ServerSocketFactory class.

If you don't have time, let me know and I can try this later this week.

BTW, I have access to Linux, Solaris, and Mac OS X machines (the latter from my
last job porting StarOffice to Mac OS X). So let me know where I can help out as
I am intimately familiar with the unique process of getting JNI code to link on
Mac OS X.