>> JkSet LogFile                "/var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log"
>
>I would use logFile, logLevel - current options in
>workers.properties start will small caps, and this
>can go in either w.properties and httpd.conf.

ok for logfile, logLevel instead of Logfile/LogLevel.
BTW, may be good to UsE aNY CaSE ?

>> The forward options : ?
>>
>> JkSet Forward SSLKeySize
>> JkSet Forward URICompat
>> JkSet Forward URICompatUnparsed
>> JkSet Forward URIEscaped
>
>JkSet forward.SSLKeySize true
>
>JkSet uriCompat true
>JkSet uriCompatUnparsed true
>
>Or even better:
>JkSet sslKeySizeForward true
>JkSet uriForward compat/compatUnparsed/escaped

Ok for JkSet sslKeySizeForward true and
JkSet uriForward compat/compatUnparsed/escaped

>> >JkMount is not doing anything special - it's the same
>> >efect as the properties file we use on IIS. Except that
>> >properties are easier to generate and will be consistent
>> >for all servers ( no longer need to generate 3 different
>> >styles ).
>>
>> -1, I'd like to keep the JkMount as it's absolutly mandatory
>> for fine tuning (ie all examples servlet/jsp handled by TC) but
>> static by Apache. It could be renamed to JkURIMount for example.
>
>JkMount is replaced by:
>
>urimap.properties

Examples ? I never used urimap.properties
since I'm using only Apache 1.3/2.0 user.

>or ( apache style )
>
><Location /examples >
>  JkWebapp worker ajp13
></Location>
>
><Location /examples/*.jsl>
>  JkHandler jakarta/jk2-servlet
></Location>
>
>or
>JkSet /examples/*.jsp ajp13
>
>We can add a
>JkUriSet /examples/*.jsp ajp13

Did these are available by Virtual ?
If so we could use whatever, even if
I prefer :

JkUriSet /examples/*.jsp ajp13

>> >3. JkServlet NAME VALUE
>> >Set properties per/servlet. I'm not yet finished with
>> >this one, we may not need it.
>>
>> What's the planned use for this one ?
>
>Set properties per/uri - fine tunning, including
>setting the servlet name - the URI is mapped once
>by apache, there's no need for a second mapping
>in tomcat.
>
>What about:
>
>JkUriSet /uri name value
>
>to replace both JkWebapp and JkServlet ?
>Both are used to set properties associated with a uri -
>the worker name for the webapp, fine tunning for uris.

Example ?

JkUriSet /examples name? value?

>> What about :
>>
>> Jk(2)EnvVar ?
>> Jk(2)MountCopy ?
>
>JkSet mountCopy true

ok

>JkSet env.NAME DEFAULT_FALUE

ok

>We could also use it in a <Location> context later
>
>JkUriSet env.NAME VALUE
>
>In this particular case it may be worth adding a
>"JkEnv" directive, but it _must_ have an equivalent in
>workers.properties and that means a JkSet equivalent too.

Could we have with Apache expat parser ?

<JkUriSet>
Mount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
EnvVar NAME VALUE
</JkUriSet>

And what about XML parsing like this in IIS/iPlanet/Domino ?

Finally how did we use ajp14 autoconf features ?
May be via :

JkAutoUriSet /examples ajp13

which will return from web.xml via ajp14
protocol

/examples/*.jsp
/examples/servlet/*
/examples/*.xml

autoconf is really something nice for the average user....