On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Bill Barker wrote:

> > Unless I'm missing something.
>
> These fields are recycled per-request, so we lose the value of
> remoteHost/remoteAddr and will have to look it up again.  If the buffers are
> identical, then the o.a.c.Request field is recycled as well. At least for
> remoteHost, I'd prefer the copy.

But how would that work with AJP or other protocols ? Only the protocol
can know if the host/addr are unchanged and optimize for it - I don't
think the container has enough information to do that.

I'm still missing something I guess :-)

I can try to preserve the host/addr at the http11 level if you think
it's important ( just to make Remy nervous :-)

> I'd be +1 for making get/setAttribute final on the core Request.

+1 too. Not a big priority as long as you and Lary are reviewing
the commits and prevent me from braking too much :-)