----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat3
Tomcat3Request.java

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Bill Barker wrote:
>
> > > Unless I'm missing something.
> >
> > These fields are recycled per-request, so we lose the value of
> > remoteHost/remoteAddr and will have to look it up again.  If the buffers
are
> > identical, then the o.a.c.Request field is recycled as well. At least
for
> > remoteHost, I'd prefer the copy.
>
> But how would that work with AJP or other protocols ? Only the protocol
> can know if the host/addr are unchanged and optimize for it - I don't
> think the container has enough information to do that.

That's a good point.

> I'm still missing something I guess :-)
>
> I can try to preserve the host/addr at the http11 level if you think
> it's important ( just to make Remy nervous :-)

It's not extremely important.  It's just a nice optimization for people who
use remoteHost.  If you want to concentrate on JK, I'll volunteer to make
Remy nervous. :-)

> > I'd be +1 for making get/setAttribute final on the core Request.
>
> +1 too. Not a big priority as long as you and Lary are reviewing
> the commits and prevent me from braking too much :-)
>
> Costin
>

> --
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: