Personally, I don't have any problem with occasional announcements of
interesting things related to Tomcat on this list, and MinTC certainly
qualifies as "interesting" in my book!

As for the community as a whole, consensus usually forms rapidly when the
issue is aired publicly on the mailing list (instead of directly to the
poster).  That way, we'd quickly find out whether the person complaining
was really voicing a common sentiment, or out smoking something.  Does
whoever was concerned about this want to fess up and start that
discussion?

Even if the consensus is that these things were off topic, one way to
certainly make them on topic would be a discussion of whether you'd want
to propose contributing MinTC to the standard distribution (so that it
could be built from the same source repository, and probably packaged
separately) -- either now or when you get a little further along at
complete success in passing all the tests.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank you publicly for your many
contributions and suggestions -- one of the best things about my
experience with Tomcat has always been seeing the people who care deeply
enough about it to help improve its quality, instead of just whining and
complaining.

Craig