"Remy Maucherat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The licensing terms seems ok to me, so I wanted to see if the community was
> ok about it (apparently not).

I didn't see their licensing terms....

> So even if this installer is provided in addition to other OSS based
> installers, it's not ok ? Since when is this project refusing contributions
> from companies, BTW ? There's no explicit endorsement required, and no
> blinking ZeroG ad we'll have to put anywhere. They'll also provide the
> installer script.

We're "endorsing" a commercial product when distributing an installer such
as Zero-G with our code...

> Note: Did you notice what the httpd project was using for its installers
> (http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/apache_2.0.35-win32-x86-no_
> ssl.msi) ? Doesn't seem OSS to me ...

Not OSS, but directly derived from an Operating System... MSI (MicroSoft
Installer) is embedded into each copy of Window$, they just "leverage" a
capability already present in the platform...

    Pier

--
I think that it's extremely foolish to name a server after the current U.S.
President.                                                 B.W. Fitzpatrick