> The numbers I got were for a fairly specific application. The page request
I was
> making did includes of 10 jsp's in total (which would account for the
difference
> in my results and yours I think).
> I really like the idea of having a server vs development setting. I'll
take a
> look at that this morning. Might it be a good idea to have a manual way to
force
> a JSP reload in a production environment? I see reading your comment that
you
> can reload the JSP by reloading the web application, but I'm not sure the
> container I'm using has that option available in a straight forward
manner.
> Something simple like a parameter in the URL like "jasper_jsp_reload=true"
would
> make it relatively easy to modify a production system without taking it
off-line
>   even briefly.

That kind of setting could be used for a DOS attack (making the server
recompile pages all the time). It should rather be something like
check_modified=true. Actually, I'll have to check what the precompile
attribte does. It may already be doing that; otherwise, I'll probably add
the other.

Remy