> Hi everyone.
>
> I ran into bug #6299 today (two server-side includes fail with buffering
> on), did some debugging, and found the cause of it.
>
> I have no doubt that a bunch of other bugs in bugzilla are caused by the
> same issue.
>
> Basically, the class and its helper classes have a pretty serious design
> flaw: they declare lots of information static ( like the servlet output
> stream ) that should not be shared between threads and/or instances of
> the servlet.
>
> Specifically, SsiInvokerServlet.java declares SsiMediator as static.
>  SsiMediator in turn declares LOTS of things static, like the request,
> response, output stream, etc.
>
> This is probably causing garbled output, socket closed errors, etc. when
> multiple users are viewing .shtml files at the same time and/or when
> users are viewing output with buffered=true.
>
> Implementing the SingleThreadedServlet interface will not help this
problem.

Are you sure ?
(I didn't look at the code at all, so I'm just wondering)
Otherwise, it would be a really cheap way to make it work.

Thanks for looking into it anyway.

> Are the two authors still mantaining this code?  Bip Thelin? Amy Roh?

Not really. I didn't hear about Bip for a while, and Amy has been busy with
other things.
Usually an easy way to get commit access if you have time to dedicate to
contributing is to take over the maintenance of some abandoned component(s).
CGI also needs a maintainer, BTW.

Remy