On Tue, 14 May 2002, Bernd Koecke wrote:

> Hi Costin,
>
> the new patch seems to work, but I'll test it more exactly tomorrow. Then I'll
> create the patches and the functional description.
>
> In short, the patched lb_worker uses an additinal flag on the other workers (e.g
> worker.ajp13.local_worker=1) to determine if it should be moved to the beginning
> of the balanced_workers. So we don't need to deal with two lists in lb_worker
> and the lb_value '0' has no special meaning. The flag for sending requests only
> to local workers is 'local_worker_only' on the lb_worker. More when the patch is
> tested and ready.

Ok. I already commited part of the changes for jk2 - but my version is
called 'hwBalanceErr', on worker_lb.

If 0 normal selection of non-local workers takes place if all locals are
in error state. If non 0, we'll return the value as the error code - for
a front-end balancer to detect and stop forwarding requests for this
instance.

I think that's the behavior you need - and it also allows customization
for the returned error code.