>Not _that_ obvious... Do we have _NUMBERS_ ??? And not just
>numbers in terms
>of reqs/sec, but also in comparison to a long-run test with %
>of CPU time
>used, and IO usage (uptime)...
>
>> It is impossible ( IMHO ) to put some real number on
>> that ( or on 'cleaner code' or 'better community' ).
>
>How about numbers in terms of reqs/sec/uptime

Take a look at my previous post on tomcat-dev about mod_jk 1.2.0
issue and release.

I make extensive tests on Tomcat 3.3.1/4.0.4, http connectors
and mod_jk 1.2.0/Apache 1.3/2.0.

BTW, I could say that I launch nigthly tests involving 10 millions
calls to HelloWorldExample servlets on both Tomcats and never got
a single error.

So I think that both Tomcats should be considered stable.

Scalability could be handled by advanced load-balancing software,
on WebServer or in a proxy relay.

Such an advanced lb software, should handle firewall case,
recovery (session datas could be SPRAYED ;), requests number
by tomcats (and not just power indice of tomcats), ....

The only problem today is speedeven if they are still
slower (by a 2 or 3 times factor) than some COMMERCIAL projects
like resin.