>> So I think that both Tomcats should be considered stable.
>
>My officemates thank you for the 5 minutes of hysterical
>laughter you gave
>to us in this bright radiant sunny morning in London... Much
>appreciated..

It was a pleasure ;)

>If your site is built up by "HelloWorldExample" servlets, then, ok, I'm
>going to shut up about TC's reliability in production environments..

Ok, I must admin, we're also using snoop.jsp and dates.jsp ;)

>(note: http://www.vnunet.com/ not one of the pages you're
>going to click
>over there is static...)

More seriously our webapps does much more things that
just 'HelloWorld'.

We're using Tomcat 3.3.1 on about four OS/400, and six Linux
servers and never got any problems with them.

Time spend in tomcat is about 10% of the overall application
time which deal with OS/400 specifics stuffs and SQL backends.

Yes, in our production site, Tomcat is stable, and we've got to
make extensive tests to prove stability and give os load indices
before production staff allow the use of tomcat on our boxes.