Hi Peter,

as far as I know, tomcat does the following:
- starting a webapp for each webapp in tomcat/webapps
- starting a webapp for each extra configured webapp from server.xml

My solution was to map the path
        /myApp to the ROOT webapp
and the Path
        / to the myApp webapp

Therefore the default path for /myApp was overridden.
I did not test this with tomcat 4.1.x, but you could give it a try.

The other solution is, not to put your webapp in the tomcat/webapps
directory and configure the path in server.xml.

Greetings!
Simon