Simon Oldeboershuis wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> as far as I know, tomcat does the following:
> - starting a webapp for each webapp in tomcat/webapps
> - starting a webapp for each extra configured webapp from server.xml
>
> My solution was to map the path
>         /myApp to the ROOT webapp
> and the Path
>         / to the myApp webapp

yeah, I've tried that on unxi with a symlink and it works fine. Like I
said in previous posts, it's not critical, since I can just change the
directory name from "myapp" to "ROOT".  It's only an inconvienance for
deployment testing where the source repository uses a name other than
"ROOT". It adds the extra step of renaming the directory.

> Therefore the default path for /myApp was overridden.
> I did not test this with tomcat 4.1.x, but you could give it a try.
>
> The other solution is, not to put your webapp in the tomcat/webapps
> directory and configure the path in server.xml.
>
> Greetings!
> Simon

the bug appears in 4.0.3, 4.0.4 and 4.1.8.  Perhaps someone with better
knowledge of how tomcat loads the webapps could chime in.  I am willing
to dedicate my own time to patching this.

peter lin