On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Jean-francois Arcand wrote:

> The problem should occurs only with Xerces 2.0.2. Is 2.0.2 bundle with
> ANT 1.5? If you try with the current Xerces nightly build, it should
> work. This is a big paint because Xerces 2.0.2 seems to be used
> everywhere....The only solution will be to set the schema validation
> off, or detect the Xerces version and throw an exception before starting
> parsing a file.

Turn schema validation off, and leave it off. Tomcat5 working with a
single parser is not good.

And while you're doing that, turn also DTD validation off and leave it
off unless a user wants to enable it explicitely.

Validation should be done by a deploy tool or build tool ( offline ).
Or by tomcat if a mechanism to avoid duplicated validation is provided.

Costin