On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I agree it is valuable in some cases to not delegate - but we've
> > seen far too many problems. It's better to let those who
> > really need this and know what they're doing turn this on.
>
> The thing is that it looks like a terrific idea, but in the end it's not
> so good once it is implemented.

Sometimes is more usefull to have fine control.
I think it may be better to just change the order - i.e. the loader
should default to 'delegate' for everything but be able to exclude
specific packages ( right now it is the reverse ).

What's important is to support the MANIFEST entries - and for that
it may be needed to override some of the stuff from the common
loader.

Now - if you are going to work on that, it may be a good idea to
try to move the loader in a separate dir ( commons-style ) and
merge the 2 loaders ( there's a lot of duplicated code ). I'm not
saying to move it in commons yet, but at least have it useable
independently. I would love to add few hooks and use it in ant...