Henri Gomez wrote:

>> Not sure I agree ( completely ).
>>
>> In theory, jmx is a 'system' API, and we can expect it to be in
>> common. J2EE has it, catalina has it, etc. So we need to make sure
>> it's security works and it is safe.
>>
>> I agree - it is much 'safer' to keep in in container/. But there
>> are many cases where this is not possible.
>>
>> For my tests - I put mx4j and mx4j-tools in commons, I never got
>> it to work with them in container ( the current version of mx4j may
>> work - it had some classloaders problems or I didn't use it the
>> right way ).
>
> Hi Costin, hope you enjoy your vacations ;)
>
> Ok, I does the same, ie put mx4j and mx4j-tools in common but
> I've got a problem when trying to use mx4j http adaptor which
> require TRAX (ie xalan). And we couldn't use any xalan jar here
> since apps could want to use their own xalan isn't it ?

With JDK1.4 - this is not possible anyway ( unless reverse loader
is used to load org.apache.xalan classes ).

Just put xalan in common, it won't be worse :-) ( or use 1.4 )

The alternative is to put mx4j-tools in container and make sure
the right class loader is used ( i.e. explicitely pass the loader
when constructing the mbean - I think it is possible ).
But I wouldn't waste time with that.