Filip Hanik wrote:
Mmm, ok, and would would these be ?
I see a few changes in the sf.net project which haven't been merged, but
it doesn't look like critical changes.

first of all, I wouldn't have the InMemoryReplicationManager extend the
standard manager, since some workarounds had to be done with the principal.
I'd like to get the save/restore on shutdown features of the std manager, and can't really see any major problem it would cause.

then, when a server joins a cluster, there is a possibility that some
sessions might not get replicated correctly, because a state transfer has to
happen. Thanks to Bela Ban pointing this out

and later in the future, instead of having every node keep a copy of the
session, just use primary and secondary servers for the cluster data.
So only two servers are active members of the cluster ?

Is a cluster with let's say 6 members really too expensive network wise (assuming a dedicated gig ether link between the cluster members) ?

Anyway, I think by far the most important feature to add is a TCP or HTTP redirector, possibly written with NBIO. Until then, the clustering doesn't have much practical interest (usless you're willing to buy additional expensive hardware; could squid get the job done, BTW ?).

I'm ok with proposing you as a committer, provided you accept to respect
the coding style and general design in Tomcat (I've had to do
significant work to adapt the code submitted).

I have no problem with this. You could have even asked me to do this, I had
no idea you were gonna commit the code into the Tomcat CVS :)
Mmmh, ok. I thought when code was contributed, it was to get it in the Tomcat CVS ;-)

lemme know what you plan to do
Remy