As a user, that use tomcat 4.1.17 since it came out........i say stable.

[X] STABLE

Reason why:

1. We need a new official stable release, latest is 4.1.12 !
2. Tomcat processes since i install it, over 200000 requests....
3. all my private patches work with him
  - static encoding of jsp texts, like resin
  - AllowLinking restricting to docbase, webapp base
  - removed synchronized taglib pool access
4. bugs discovered in past release are corrected, main reason for a new
official release.

cu Torsten Fohrer