Remy Maucherat wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

glenn 2003/01/10 07:52:19

Modified: . RELEASE-NOTES-4.1.txt build.properties.sample
catalina build.xml
catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina Deployer.java
catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core
LocalStrings.properties StandardHost.java
StandardHostDeployer.java
catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
HTMLManagerServlet.java LocalStrings.properties
LocalStrings_fr.properties
LocalStrings_ja.properties ManagerServlet.java
catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
HostConfig.java LocalStrings.properties
LocalStrings_fr.properties
LocalStrings_ja.properties
webapps/manager build.xml
webapps/manager/WEB-INF web.xml
webapps/tomcat-docs index.xml manager-howto.xml project.xml
webapps/tomcat-docs/config host.xml
Added: catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
ExpandWar.java
webapps/tomcat-docs html-manager-howto.xml
Log:
Bug fixes and minor improvements to the manager and html manager web
applications. These patches fix as many of the 11 bugs I found for
the manager in bugzilla that I could reproduce.

Glenn,

I am grateful for the fixes introduced with the patch, however:
- could you please post something about modifying the base interfaces, before you actually do so ? The change was probably needed, but may break custom extensions.
- this is code which changes a lot of things; as such, it should have been committed in the development branch first.
And actually, I missed the additional dependency added on fileupload.
It also seems you recoded install to respond to a POST, as well as duplicate the functionality of upload (it seems).

Maybe that seems good to you, but:
- this has not been discussed before
- the deployer behavior needs some thinking, and IMO consensus, to avoid making more mistakes, or ending in a jspc situation, where there are plenty of features nobody can or is willing to maintain anymore

I'll have to veto the patch until this gets discussed further.

Remy