Costin Manolache wrote:
Bill Barker wrote:

If tag-pooling works for you, I'm happy for you.  The current
implementation
doesn't work for me big time.  However, I'm very interested in Costin's
claim that it can be done thread-local.

One quick question ( looking at generated code ) - why is the TP limited
to 5 instances ? If you expect 20+ concurent requests ( where the TP would actually matter ) - you'll have the overhead of TP sync, and almost no benefit. Can you try again with a larger capacity ?

Regarding the "claim" that it can be done thread-local: I attached a first
draft, I'll enhance it later ( it could use ThreadWithAttributes - to save
one extra hashtable lookup ). Let me know if it helps.
If we could add a check so that JDKs < 1.4 would use the old synced code, and JDK >= 1.4 would use TL, I think it would be the best.

BTW, wouldn't using ThreadWithAttributes tie Jasper to Tomcat ?

Remy