Hi,

I was wondering if people among the happy few who got PureTLS (0.9b3) running with Tomcat 4.1 or 5.0 post some kind of small HOWTO.

I'm running Linux (RH 7.3, with IBM 1.4.0 or Sun 1.4.1).

I read on the PureTLS website (err, sorry webpage) that it supported OpenSSL certs. So I should be able to reuse the certs I generated for mod_ssl ?
Anyway, that's for later. In order to avoid making mistakes, I reused the .pem files I found in the distribution.
After tweaking my server.xml to point at the right files (of course, I had to read the sources to know how to do it), I got the following exceptions:

- with IBM JDK:
Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: class configured for Cipher: com.ibm.crypto.
provider.DESedeCipher is not a subclass of xjava.security.Cipher
at COM.claymoresystems.crypto.PEMData.readPEMObject(Unknown Source)
at COM.claymoresystems.crypto.EAYEncryptedPrivateKey.createPrivateKey(Unknown Source)
at COM.claymoresystems.ptls.SSLContext.loadEAYKeyFile(Unknown Source)
at COM.claymoresystems.ptls.SSLContext.loadEAYKeyFile(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.puretls.PureTLSSocketFactory.init(PureTLSSocketFactory.java:165)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.puretls.PureTLSSocketFactory.createSocket(PureTLSSocketFactory.java:104)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:275)

- with Sun JDK:
java.io.IOException: PKCS#5: Invalid number of padding bytes
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.puretls.PureTLSSocketFactory.init(PureTLSSocketFactory.java:175)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.puretls.PureTLSSocketFactory.createSocket(PureTLSSocketFactory.java:104)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:275)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:150)

If PureTLS isn't compatible with IBM JVM, then fine, but I can't see its usefulness. As for the error with Sun VM, I don't know what to do (there doesn't seem to be any docs at all anywhere) ...

Any ideas ?

Remy