Glenn Nielsen wrote:
 From looking at the docs for both Tomcat 4.0 and Tomcat 4.1 in the
section on automatic application deployment it states for both that
the default for unpackWARs is true.  The section on the unpackWARs
attribute does not mention the default value, perhaps it should.

 From my review it looks like Tomcat 4 has always defaulted to
unpackWARs=true.  I have no problem with that being the default.
And it would not be good to change at this time since Tomcat 4
has been released for quite a while.
More importantly, it would break webapps which rely on the filesystem, and would cause 1000 duplicates with blocker severity about "getRealPath always returning null" to be filed ;-)

Remy