Henri Gomez wrote:

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> Henri Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> It seems that latest JTC / CATALINA require now a post 1.0 modeler.
>>>
>>> Did there is release plan for modeler 1.1 ?

I think it'll be better called 2.0 - there are many big changes ( even
if it should be backward compatible ).

The best plan for a modeler release is: just before tomcat5.0. We can
start building milestones or betas for modeler.

>> As it is the central piece of the JMX features in Tomcat 5.0, I don't
>> think we are ready for a freeze-and-release yet.
>
> Ok, so I'll have to include the HEAD modeler in my eclipse.

That's the best choice.

There are few more changes comming up - to improve the lifecycle and
more interface cleanup, and I'm still working on the notifications.
In any case - the code that is used by tomcat5 standalone should be
very stable, most of the changes affect only tomcat5 "embed" ( or minimal ).
Switching to notifications in jk and coyote would be nice - but I don't
think it is critical ( we can very well release with the current model ).