George Sexton wrote:

> Before anyone writes this kind of thing they should examine a
> representative number of web applications and find out how many would
> actually benefit. I.E. how many "web applications" have significant

It is a bit late - the code for this kind of thing is already written
and used ( in mod_jk and mod_jk2 ).

It seems to work fine - and you have the choice of mapping the whole uri
space or letting apache handle static files.

Since you are in the first use-case - you don't need to worry about the
other :-), just like people who want static files served by apache don't
have to worry about your use case.