[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
jfarcand 2003/06/06 12:04:51

  Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
                        CoyoteRequest.java
  Log:
  Revert the patch until I come with a better solution.

I'd like to be convinced there's a bug here ;-)

Look: When you access the request, getRequest will create a new facade if there's none.
It will then be cleared and nulled only on recycle, which only occurs at the end of the request processing (or there's a bug).

If your tag has incorrect pooling and keeps a reference, it could work very well without a security manager, but it's an accident (you're accessing a random underlying request). With a security manager, the request object becomes invalid after the request, and you get the NPE on the second request. The second request thing is a usual symptom of a bug with tag pooling.
Do you have the source of the tag, BTW ?

Remy