Remy Maucherat wrote:
Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:

Yes, your explanation makes sence. I will look at the tag code to see what I can find.But the exception also occurs when tag pooling is set to off.

If the tag has a bug/not well designed, I still think the app should not fail with an NPE but with an IllegalSomething exception.The CoyoteRequest object shouldn't be set to null when the client still have some reference to it.

Can you build a test case for the issue ? That would be easier than trying to guess what's going on (and it must be an obvious bug if there's a bug, like for the input stream reading from the char buffer ...). You've got to be able to reproduce it without using JSPs or tags if it's a valid bug, right ?

-1 about the NPE change. I don't want to add null checks in every method to handle the one broken webapp. This doesn't make any sense.

OTOH, here's something I would accept if you want to do that cleanup: the clear() would associate the facade with a (static final) HTTPServletRequest implementation which would return an ISE for every method.
And do the same for the response facade.

I think it's not worth the pain, so I would be +0 for the change.

Remy