Bill Barker wrote:
Ok, yes I know that this should go to commons-dev, but I don't monitor that
list as closely and all of the active developers hang-out here.

I would like to make some changes to native/unix/native, and (keeping with
commons conventions) should ask first.  I already have commons-sandbox
karma, so that's not an issue.

1) I want to call setsid (on platforms that support it) after the detach,
since evil things happen if I don't (at least on RH Linux).

-1 : The idea is to be root until we call the start. (See child). Tell what goes wrong we should fix it.

2) I want to add a -outfile and -errfile to the config options (consistant
with procrun, and both defaulting to /dev/null).  stdin will get redirected
to /dev/null, and stdout & stderr will get redirected to the values of the
variables.  If I can get it to work, I'd also like to add the special values
"&1" and "&2" to simulate "2>&1".  As it stands now, manually stopping and
starting Tomcat with jsvc hangs my ssh session on logout, since it still has
open files to the pty.

+1

3) Modify Tomcat.sh to reflect the changes in 2) (e.g. add:
    -outfile $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out \
    -errfile &1 \
    ).

+1